About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, January 25, 2010

A new week

There are a dozen things I should be doing right now and none of them are sitting here stairing at my treadmill. If you read my last post you know I was facing temptation. What did I do? Well I did pull out my walk away the pounds dvd and walk for a mile. Then for the next 24 hrs ate everything I shouldn't. This kind of continued over the weekend as well but I was trying to get myself back under control. So today I ate fairly well and tonight I needed to start exercising again. But I can't seem to get myself to do it. I had some time before my tv shows started to pop in a video but I just read a book instead. Then I pulled out the treadmill and tried to walk on it but...well it was a combination of not wanting to because my brother and sil was in the next room and because my heart rate kept getting so high so quickly since I haven't exercised for a few days. My tv shows are over but I don't really want to do a video. And then I think well I should go get on the wii fit, I am sure I will get into it when I start going. But I realize that I should only weigh myself once a week instead of daily and not weighing in when I log in will frustrate me. So now besides staring at my treadmill I am also wanting to go weigh myself to see if I have gone up or down.

This is my problem I get so obsessed. This is why I lost the 30 lbs over the last 7 months, because I was just watching what I was eating, being active in daily life by parking further away or being active with the kids I work with. But when I watch every calorie and monitor how much I exercise it drives me crazy. I don't know how I can make myself a moderate balance. I want to loose the weight, and eating this healthier food isn't a huge deal I just need to get used to the change. I mean I grew up drinking 2% milk and as an adult switched to skim, now I think 2% tastes funny. I also like it when I exercise. I think I just have to push threw. Realize it is going to be difficult and my body and brain are going to try and revolt but after time it will realize that the new way is actually better for it. I guess it really is like stopping smoking. Not that I have ever smoked but know plenty of people who have tried, some succeeded and some did not.

Still wishing for the magic button to make this easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment