About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Some positive

I was reminded again this morning while reading others blogs I do not always post the positive. So I wanted to do a quick post to let you know some positive. Last night while watching The Biggest Loser I took my laptop put it on top of the tv, popped in one of my Walk Away the Pounds dvd's and got my walk on. Although it is sometimes difficult to follow the dvd and watch tv I like how my body feels better with the dvd then the treadmill so I went this route. In totally I walked 3 miles. I did have about a 10 min break between mile one and two but with the show being 2 hours I was able to stay motivated the entire time. The miles on the dvd are about 14 min miles. I am pretty sure the second mile I did was faster but I am not sure.

Later in the evening I was watching Pandorum (scary movie) and I kept thinking about the wii fit program. It has this option to just use the board as a step, change the channel and the remote will keep beeping at you to help you keep pace while it counts your steps. I didn't really want to watch the movie in my brothers living room so I did the next best thing. I have steps that I use with The Firm workout. I pulled out the lower step (about 4 in high, about twice the hight of the wii board) and got to stepping. I don't know the exact number of steps but I watched the clock and stepped for a full 20 min making sure to switch the primary stepping leg every few min.

I am so proud of myself. Today is Wed and I have a full day because I go to church for a few hours after work so I knew I wouldn't get much exercise tonight. So I am glad I was able to do so much last night. Today my upper back/shoulders are a little sore but mostly I feel good. So go me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment