About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, January 21, 2010

Temptation

Every time I try to loose wait I get so frustrated. For the past week I have been exercising an hour plus daily plus I have switched to healthier foods and stopped my night time eating. But when i way myself I only see myself gaining weight! It is so frustrating! I want to see the results. I have this internal battle going on where it is a fight all the time to eat the right things, and not overeat, and work out like I should. Right now I stepped on my Wii fit plus board and gained 2lbs and all I want to do is go make a big plate of nachos to eat (I have no ice cream in the house and my car is currently blocked in so no late night run.) But I have cheese and chips and chicken and salsa and it would be greasy and salty and delicious. And then the other side reminds me that this is why my attempts to loose weight always fail. I don't try long enough, I don't give my body enough time to make the change and instead give up. So part of my wants to stick in a dvd and jump on the treadmill and walk a few miles. Honestly this is why sometimes I don't watch The Biggest Loser. The contestants loose so much weight every week. And I know that they work out 8 hrs a day or more and don't drive past a dozen fast food restaurant every day. It is frustrating that I worked out two hours yesterday and although I was Extremely craving ice cream I didn't stop. I came home had a fruit popsicle and worked out. And what is my result a 2lb weight gain. I hate it! My brother was in the room and says "results take time" I know this, I do but it is just so hard. I wish it wasn't so hard. I wish I could just loose the weight as easily as I gained it. The big picture seems so far away and that plate of nachos and that instant gratification I could have in a few minutes. Why is this so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment