About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Staycation (sort of)

I am sorry about my last post. I know dramatic but really just me being an emotional girl. As I think I have mentioned before I have three weeks off from work. Here is how the week has gone so far.

Sunday: I was still upset and frustrated. I know that normalcy helps me heal so I went on my regular schedule. I got up and went and got my niece and nephews and went to church. I spent half of service with tears streaming down my face. I watched the kids and then hung out for a little while after my sister got home. That night I tried to relax. I exfoliated and shaved, used a mud mask and took a milk bath. It was lovely and relaxing.

Monday: I had a side babysitting job in the morning (with kids I love to watch) and then went baby shopping for Mylinda's baby shower. I went to Buy Buy Baby, there was so much fun stuff it was hard to pick what to get.

Tuesday: This was my pamper me day. I got up around 9am, got dressed in a pretty yellow sundress I wore to my sisters wedding. I had a quick breakfast and then went out. I had an appointment at Sundrops Nail Spot. It is a small place out near Biltmore at 40th St and Camelback. I had a coconut pedicure and then a brow threading. Overall I am happy with it but mostly disappointed. The location is beautiful and fun music and such. The woman who did my pedicure talked a lot all about her upsale options and when I tried to steer the conversation somewhere else she tied it back into making her more money. She did something, maybe cutting my cuticles and then sprayed something on my toes which was very painful. I think it was the most painful pedicure I have ever had (not that I have had a lot but still it sucked.) Next was the eyebrow threading. When I did waxing I always broke out and was red for days. So I thought hey lets try this. Overall threading does seem to be a bit more painful because it takes longer but it creates the same desired effect. They seemed to have a new chair and didn't know how to use it. The woman was short and they couldn't figure out how to lower it so I had to slouch in the chair plus because the chair was so high my feet dangled so it created this awful crink in my back. I could tell the lighting wasn't very good so she was having some problems and then she kept draping the string across me which at one point wrapped around one of the jewels on my dress which then took her 2 min to figure out how to unwrap it. I think it would be a great place for party/pre wedding pedicure location. I just would not want this woman to do my work, I am sure they have staff there.

After that I went over to Biltmore Fashion Park and walked around all the shops. It was lots of fun looking at everything. It was actually like a walk down memory lane. Frog figurines from Maui, William Sonoma like my first job at a kitchen store, and Cheesecake Factory oh so many memories there. It was a lovely morning. I stopped at Harkins and watched the new movie Salt. I found it very disappointing and the ending was bad. I got home and had a two free hours so I did a quick change and went to the gym. I got back and took a quick shower then got back in my cute sundress to go to a Mary Kay party. My good friend Mylinda now does Mary Kay and invited my to a party. It was more like a recruitment party than anything else but I still had fun hanging out with girls and seeing how excited Mylinda and Lia are about their new opportunities with Mary Kay.

Wednesday: I was able to go into work for a few hours thanks to my awesome boss. She didn't want me to come in till after 11 am. I slept in till about 10:30 and then casually got ready for work. I got there about 11:30 and stayed till about 4:30 so a good 4 hours of work. It wasn't exciting, cleaning toys but hey work is work. I had church in the evening and then gym afterwards. I love being a member of 24 hour fitness because I didn't get to the gym till 10 pm and then didn't leave till 11:30 pm. But I like working out while the gym is mostly empty.

Thursday: I had stayed up so late Wed night I slept in this morning. I was supposed to meet my friend Kandie at 11 am to hang out but I didn't wake up till she called at 11:15 am. It was ok though. We had lots of fun. We watched Footloose, which I hadn't seen before. Then went the pool for a little while and then came back in and watched Win a Date with Tad Hamilton. It was a lot of fun hanging out with her and her son and then her husband when he came home from work.

Friday I babysit again and then Sat and Sun I watch my niece and nephews again. Next wed I have an apt for a facial and shampoo treatment. Plus I have tentative plans to hang out with Kandie again next week and maybe watch Twilight and New Moon.

I keep going to the gym and working out. Kandie is a personal trainer so I am going to have her help me with my work out. Plus she thinks I need more protein in my diet so I am going to look into that as well. In addition I have also added some extra cardio on my strength day. I have been helping with the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure for a few years now. And when looking up some info I decided that maybe I could start training to run the 5K for the Race for the Cure. So I found a six week plan to help me train for it and started on Monday. So we will see how that goes.

I think that is it for now. I will post again on Sat night after my weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment