About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, July 8, 2010

An update

It has been over two weeks since I posted. I keep putting it off, some because I am busy and some because I hate reporting weight gain. On July 19th, I hadn't exercised in two weeks due to VBS. I gained 1 lb taking me to 254. The following week (last saturday) I weighed in at 257, a 3 lb gain. I had started to exercise again that week but only 4 out of 7 days. It was hard to get started again with exercising but did start on wednesday again. This week I have been good as well. I have this week off work and have had plenty of excuses not to go but I seem to push them aside and go anyways. I am so proud of myself. :) I have been good about one day of strength and one day cardio. Today is a cardio day.

As I mentioned before I had joined 24 hour fitness. I had my orientation training with a trainer. I have been doing what she told me and when I am in the moment doing the exercise I feel my body being pushed. But I am not really sore afterwards. I don't really feel fatigued. So I keep wondering if I am doing all I should be doing. Like I am not pushing myself enough. I think I need to sit down with my trainer friend and see what she thinks. I want to make sure I am not wasting my time, I want to see results. So this week I should see some results, hopefully at least some of the 4 lbs I gained will come off.

Yesterday I cut my hair again. I cut off about 4 inches and now it is just above my shoulders. My brother said that it doesn't count as weight loss, cutting off my hair. It is pretty thick, so hey maybe it will help a little. :) I like it, it is light and fluffy now. Really though I get tired of long hair and tend to put it up all the time. When I cut it off it is too short to put up so I am more likely to leave it down. The only problem now is when I go to the gym. I have to learn to deal with leaving my hair down while exercising. I don't think I have ever done that but I see other girls with short hair leave theirs down. So i just have to learn to deal with it I guess.

I am still all messed up with food though. I still don't know what to eat now that dairy is out. My meals are all off and funky, though I do think I eat less because I never know what to eat. Now when I have that random desire to eat I go look at the food available and determine their is nothing that good or satisfying so I don't eat. It is interesting how all comfort food seems to be full of dairy. I do tend to eat out more now though. Chicken nuggets, hamburgers and fries, even taco bell fresco style is all ok to eat. Though all have to many calories and aren't really healthy. I need to find a happy medium. And one that doesn't cost me and arm and a leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment