About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Shift Bid, really?!

So I was writing this post last night. It was more of my whining about my bad week and stupid school and blah and then the 'surprise' shift bid at work and my aggravation. And I finished it and submitted it and then realized I wasn't online anymore. So I try to quickly copy my text but it doesn't work. And then I can't get back online. Sometimes that happens in the middle of the night; cox stops working for a few min or my air card needs reseting. But I tried those and they didn't work so I was able to run this network diagnostic and it said everything was working but no pages would come up. I tried resetting everything and tried it again. Everything said my internet should be working but no page would load. So I figured this was God stopping me from being all whiny again.

As I realize one more thing in my life that I have no control over. I realize even more continuing to get more and more angry just isn't working for me. So I am going to try to make little changes. I know I kind of said this before but here I am still. So I have come up with 3 steps to start with.

Step 1: Start reading my bible daily again. 
- I had done this for some time now but lately I stopped. There are few reasons why; the devotional I was using became a little frustrating and then because I keep staying up so late doing bible study when I only have a couple hours till school starts just doesn't happen. But I need to start that commitment again.

Step 2: More Prayer
- I get all frustrated with life and so what do I do, the same thing everyone does but blame God. And it is difficult to have an open conversation with God when you are mad at Him. But I know better and I should have increased amount of conversations not less.

Step 3: Regular Sleep
- This is going to be the hardest but may be the most important and will totally clash with step 1. MWF I get up at 7 for class, on Sun. up by 8 for church, and then on Tue, Thur, Sat I sleep in. And I think almost every night I am up till at least 2am sometimes as late/early as 4am. Although I don't get home till 11:45 four nights of the week due to work I think that a schedule can be made. And of course if I got up early on T,T,S and did homework then I wouldn't have an excuse to stay up so late all the time. It will be tough, I am such a night owl. But regular sleep can only help

So I will start with these three steps. The first two are pretty basic and the third, well, I got to take that one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Angela! I think these 3 steps are an EXCELLENT start to a more positive attitude. I am proud of you for taking control of your circumstances. You are a ray of sunshine in so many lives. Love you!

    ReplyDelete