About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, February 27, 2009

Sing-a-long

In the car I am always tuned to K-Love listening to my Christian music wherever I go. When you hear the same songs over and over you learn all the words. I am not afraid to admit it I always sing along in my, even if you are looking. So sometimes without even thinking about it I am singing along to a song I'm not even thinking about. Sometimes I catch myself singing along to a song and I stop and go 'wait, no I don't mean that!' Some Christian songs can be very personal and really touch you if you stop to listen. Today I was singing along with a Mercy Me song Bring the Rain. The words from the chorus go:

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus Bring the Rain

And all I can think is no, no more rain. Please stop, give me a break. So then in effort to not sing words I don't believe I try to not sing along but then I can't think about anything else. So I start singing along and when I sing the last couple of lines in my head I go 'please no' it was just silly. Obviously God knows the difference of me praying something and mindlessly singing along to a random song on the radio. But I have done it before, I have to like stop singing because I actually think about the words coming out of my mouth. How crazy is that that I don't even know what is coming out of my mouth sometimes. That just shows how much the music you listen to really does make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment