About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, March 19, 2010

An off week

On wednesday I had an 8am dentist apt. I have to go back on Monday to get my actual crown done. They actually almost sent me home before even mentioning doing a crown. I was confused since I thought it was part of the deal and had to ask for it to be done. I don't understand why they would quote me $1100 for a root canal and crown and then expect me to only do the root canal and leave in a temp filling. I didn't even know that was an option or I would have done it sooner since it would have only cost me $400. Anyways crown goes in on Monday morning.

After work I went home and my brother had made corned beef and cabbage with red potatoes. It was delicious and fit for St Patrick's Day. I had church and got home early. Just like I had planned I went right to bed so I could catch up on some sleep which meant I was in bed by 9:30. So no exercise on wednesday.

Thursday was a long day. I started work at 8am and got off at 6pm. And again I know doesn't seem so long but I normally work part time so it was a lot. Mid day I had my regular 1 1/2 break and I totally got the munchies. All I wanted to do was leave and go find some junk to eat. But I fought the urge knowing I had already eaten plenty. And so I went and sat in the school library and distracted myself reading children's books. I don't know why it worked but it did. Even with that distraction I did not eat very well yesterday. I was having a long day so I decided I would eat the school lunch they had chicken quesadilla's. Then during my break I had a yogurt and fruit strip. Then before I was able to distract myself I had 3 servings of cheez-its.

After work the plan was to do 4 miles with my walk away the pounds dvd's. I only got 1 mile done and then sat down. I just didn't feel like exercising. I kept trying to convince myself to get up and do just one more mile but I couldn't do it. I went to take a shower and felt so guilty that I didn't do more. I did move some with the 1 mile but I need to do better. I am disappointed in myself. Then as part of my "don't care" attitude I ate bad again. I had a trader joe pizza in my freezer. The plan was to eat half but after half it was just so good I went and ate the other half. For dessert I had the last of the marble cake my brother made me for my birthday. I did stop eating it when I was full and even threw away a couple bites so I am proud of that. I want to blame the fact that it was such a long day and I have been so tired lately. But you and I know those are just excuses. I need to do better and I don't know where it was yesterday but part of my wants to do better.

This week my niece and nephew from illinois are coming to town for spring break. So I will watch them the next two weekends. I am excited to see them but that also means no exercising at my sisters house. I was thinking that since I took wed off and mostly took yesterday off from exercise I need to exercise sat. So I will need to do it when i get home. Oh wait I get to come home early tomorrow. My brother in law is getting off work early so he can have more time with his kids so I should have time to go home exercise and then make it to church for the evening. I am totally excited!

Tonight the plan is the Biggest Loser Bootcamp video and a 1m walk. The goal is also to first eat a salad before dinner so I do not overeat. I will update you later on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment