About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nothing new

Monday 3/1/10

I ate well on monday, though not for lack of trying. Breakfast and lunch were great but then for dinner I decided I wanted Arby's. In fact I pulled into the plaza and up to the drive threw before I realize it was no longer an Arby's it was a mexican food place now. I can't even tell you when that happened. Nobody was behind me so I just backed out and went home. It was kind of weird. So I had a good dinner of chicken and rice. I did not exercise as I was still feeling sick and was worried I would make it worse.

Tuesday 3/2/10

On monday I had called and made a dental apt for the root canal. It was scheduled for Tuesday at 9am. I set the alarm, woke up on time but I felt awful. Now I hate mornings and had trouble sleeping last night because I couldn't breath. But that is the thing I couldn't breath out of one nostril and I could only breath out of that one after the meds kicked in. Plus I had a bad sore throat since I was probably snoring all night do to said lack of breathing. Anyways I called in and they said I could move the apt so I moved it to next tuesday since I don't know how long this cold will decide to linger on.

Today I was eating great. I don't think I have ever mentioned what I eat regularly now so I think I will. Yes I know it will sound weird and you probably don't know what some of it is but just ask or google it. For breakfast I have 8oz of Kefir (a liquid yogurt with other healthy stuff in it) and I mix that with 2oz of POM. Delicious. That isn't quite enough calories so I either grab a whole wheat mini bagel or light cheese stick, today it was the cheese stick. I was running late this morning so I had to make lunch quick so I grabbed a scoop of slim fast powder chocolate and about 10 oz of organic vanilla silk milk, quick easy and good. Again not enough calories so I also pack a 100 cal yogurt (fry's brand is actually pretty all natural) and then i toss in a diet soda for my afternoon caffeine kick. When I got home from work I made myself a chicken wrap which is pretty simple. Pre-cooked chicken strips, fresh spinach leaves, 2 tbsp light ranch, and whole wheat tortilla. It is actually pretty filling. The problem then became my brain. It was sure I hadn't had enough dinner. It tried to convince me that I needed, I deserved something great for dessert. So instead of exercising like I should have I went out to Fry's and bought donuts. And of course because it was so late I couldn't buy them individually I had to buy a box. I totally ate 6 donuts since 7:30pm, which to my defense has been 5 1/2 hours though no one should ever really eat 6 donuts in one day so rationalizing that it was over 5 hrs, not really helpful. On that subject I do want to mention that at no time during the day was I ever hunger or while 6 donuts did I feel full and definitely not stuffed. I don't know if I am just off due to being sick or what but I thought that was worth noting. What would I have had for dessert had I not had donuts. Well probably nothing if I didn't exercise but if I did either a bowl of organic granola with silk or greek yogurt with granola mixed in. Both totally delicious. But for now I need to go to bed. It is 1am and I am still sick so i need my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment