About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, February 28, 2010

Week 5 - 1 lb gain

I woke up on Sat morning with a fever, sore throat, and runny nose. If calling in sick to my sister was an option I would have. But I kind of just sit on her couch all day so I crawled out of bed and went over to her house. My fever broke on Sat and today I have had a runny nose and sore throat still. Hopefully if I go to bed early I will feel even better tomorrow so I won't be sick at my other job. This has been one of those weeks that was so long and yet I can't remember anything that I did. I can say that my tooth is feeling better. Fri and Sat instead of pain there was pressure, like it was swollen. It is doing a lot better today but I haven't really eaten for 2 days so maybe that is why. Anyways I still need to schedule the root canal to be done so tomorrow morning I will call my dentist to get it done.

*****

So sat is my normal weigh in day but I was totally sick and did not feel like it. Plus...well I weighed in on Wed and it showed a gain of 4.6 lbs. Scary, I know. So I didn't really want to weigh in. But tonight I did. Now like I said I really haven't eaten in two days. So I contribute the fact that today I am just .6 lbs higher than I was last week. I know that I haven't eaten well at all this week; In-n-out, Chili's, Lone Star, Taco Bell, Jack-n-the-box, etc. I ate bad food and didn't exercise all week. So I am really happy that it wasn't worse.

I have decided to make myself a specific goal. By March 12th I want to weigh 250 lbs. That is a 9 lb weight loss in 12 days which yes is a lot. But I think hitting that marker on my 28th birthday will really make it special. So I will really need to stay focused the next two weeks. I went shopping stocked the fridge with all of my good foods and now I am ready for the week ahead.

I haven't done my biggest loser video yet. I really should have by now but haven't gotten to it. I am kind of feeling like I don't want to do it but I think that is because the idea of it all is kind of scary. I found out yesterday and my brothers best friends wife also wants to apply so she wants to know if we should do it as a team and that scares me even more. I really haven't even talked to her since my brothers wedding 2 years ago. Everything I know about her, she's great. But honestly I think I am worried that they might not choose her because of me. I kind of have no self-esteem right now, can you tell? I need to take a deep breath and just think about it for a day or two. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment