About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, February 5, 2010

Blah Thursday

Thursday 2/4/10

If I had to give today a good or bad rating I would say bad.

My day started bad because I was in pain. Last night I had stubbed my little toe on some luggage I was storeing some old clothes in. But also my right knee is giving me some pain as well. Then not very long after waking up I am feeling tension in my upper back. I don't understand this since I haven't been sore after working out so why when I didn't exercise yesterday would I be sore all of a sudden. The knee hurt off and on all day. It just feels sore, the pain is kind of on the side of the knee so it is a little weird. The pain is like 2 maybe a 3 but bad at all so no pain pills. But I find it annoying. Breakfast and lunch went fine. After work I came home and had a nice salad. Then about a half hour later I had some chicken and rice. About a half hour after that my stomach started to hurt. Now my gut reaction was that I was hungry still and needed to eat more. Then all I could think about was the ice cream in my freezer. I tried to push the thoughts away. It didn't make any sense for me to be hungry. So when I actually stopped to think about the pain I realized it wasn't hunger it was pain. My stomach was upset with what I ate. Now maybe I ate too much or maybe it was what I ate. The chicken was processed full of nitrates and hormones. And the rice was pre-seasoned, cook in 60 seconds in the microwave type. I am not sure which of the three so I am going to now have to be careful when I eat more of those things.

But the thought of ice cream was on the brain. I fought it off for like 2 hrs and then I caved. I ate the rest of my pint of ice cream and cool whip, about 1 cup of each. Ate one point while I was eating I was actually full, I knew I should stop, I had only eaten about half. But I didn't. I just didn't care. Although part of me knew better and was trying to convince me to good and I kept looking up success stories of weight loss online I just didn't care about the consequences. The ice cream was good and I was watching a great tv show. After my shows were over I of course felt some guilt. I ended up walking a total of 4 miles with my WAP dvd's. I really tried to push myself with each mile and although I kept wanting to quit with the same "don't care" attitude I was happy to get through what I did. At first I wanted to do 6 miles but my knee was constantly hurting by mile 3. I though instead I should go jump on the wii for a little while instead but that didn't happen as well. Instead I crashed on the couch and watched another hour or two of tv.

So although I did walk 4 miles which probably burned off at least some of the ice cream. I log today as a fail because of my attitude all afternoon. I really need to work on that and figure out why I feel so down.

No comments:

Post a Comment