About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, February 22, 2010

Conflicting Data

Sunday 2/21/2010

I didn't exercise but ate good. No excuse to not exercise I had the time this evening. I guess I exercised some. I was at my sisters and my nephew was sleeping so popped in this hula workout video. I got like 10 min in. I was sweating but I felt so stupid because even if I was following their moves exactly I totally didn't look as sexy doing it as the size 2 girls in bikini's on the screen. It was kind of frustrating and the camera work really made me think they didn't actually make this video for woman (if you know what I mean.) I got get back on this wagon before it runs me over.

So i made a little change and I don't think most people will notice. That is to my little goal meter. I did move it to the top now that I have lost some weight I felt confident to move it from being hidden on the bottom of the screen. But more importantly I changed the numbers. Every week I weigh in on the wii fit but I also weigh in on my personal scale. Now the scale has always been weird and when i moved houses my weight changed drastically (nothing I did just the scale being weird.) I had been using the scales numbers as my official numbers. They were higher than the wii fit but since it is my scale not my wii I thought I should do that. But it has gotten too confusing. Because I way in on the wii and it says I lost 4 lbs and then walk into my room and weigh on my scale and it says 3 lbs. So the numbers weren't jiving and it was frustrating and confusing on my part. So since I actually trust the wii fit more I have switched my numbers to match that. So instead of a starting weight of 280 it now shows 273. And then current weight instead of 279 I am actually at 258. I did also lower my goal weight. The charts say for my height (5'9") I should be between 125 - 170. I figure my goal should be more the middle than the top and 150 has always sounded better to me than 160, not sure why. So from now on I am sticking with the wii fit weight. And hey look at that I am almost down to 250, it is pretty exciting especially since a year ago I was up at 300.
...wait no I just went and double checked my actual numbers and I was at 315 a year ago this month. That means I have lost almost 65 lbs in one year! It doesn't sound right, like no way but I was wearing a size 30 a year ago and now I am wearing a size 26 so I guess it is right. I have never really lost weight before. I did the yo-yo dieting thing so this is kind of weird and yet totally awesome too. I can do this! I can be healthy! I really do have power over the food I eat! Go me for finally realizing it!!

Alright, I think that is enough go me. Especially since I didn't even work out today. Grrr, got to do better because I know I can do better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment