About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Painful Wednesday

Back in Oct I had gone to the dentist. I found out I had 11 cavities and I needed to get 1 root canal done. I didn't have enough money for the root canal but did get 6 of the cavities filled. Well here we are 4 months later and my tooth is killing me. Yes the one that needs the root canal. It is so painful! It is crazy how much it hurts!! I don't usually take pain meds, I try to solve whatever is making my body ache. But I don't have $1100 to fix this but I still have to function. This afternoon I took two Advil gel caps (a normal dose for me) it worked fine. Then when the pain came back several hours later I popped 2 more pills. They did work, AT ALL!! Work was over but I had to head to church for Awana's so I took 2 more pills. With 4 pills the pain finally subsided some. I realize that I can not keep taking pain pills like this, it isn't good for my body. So although i will have to split it over a couple credit cards tomorrow morning I am going to have to schedule an appointment with the dentist. It is crazy because when I think about the pain and how I would describe it all I can think about is how if I can't stand this, I don't want a baby. :) Oh and yes I have tried ora-gel but I can't really get it to the root that is causing the pain so it doesn't stop any of the pain.

So you probably notices I still have not exercised. And honestly my eating is bad too. I don't know why I keep doing this. Since I stopped exercising and started eating out I have not been feeling like I have. I stay up way to late (its currently 2:30am) doing nothing. Before I was up till 1 or 1:30 but I was productive and fell asleep a lot easier. I feel blah all day, people keep asking if I still feel sick but it is just that I don't have any energy lately and feel tired all day even though I haven't done anything. It is harder to wake up in the morning, I don't think I am sleeping as soundly. Before I was having weird dreams but at least I was dreaming letting me know I was going into a deep sleep. Now, no more dreams. I won't go into to details but I am more constipated which is annoying. The really crazy thing is that its not like it is easy. As I eat food that I know is bad for me I feel guilty and think about gaining the weight back. I eat too much and then feel awkward and gross the rest of the day. My bank account is looking a little sad with all the money I am spending out (yes I know I need that money for the dentist instead.) And really it isn't easier. My house is full of good foods, I have to specifically go out to get bad foods. And it is easier to just stay at work and read a book than try and fight traffic and lunch crowds to go out somewhere. The food I was eating wasn't bad and actually I kind of miss drinking my Kefir and POM in the morning. That stuff is good! So I am going to try and start working my way back to the healthy living. I haven't strayed too far so it should be pretty easy to get back on track. Well at least here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment