About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Life's first test failed

Wednesday 2/3/10

On Wednesday's after work I have church. If I am going to work till 6pm then I just pack a dinner but lately I have been able to leave early on wednesdays. So I have time to go home and eat before heading to church. Well my co-worker called in sick today which means instead of getting off at 5 - 5:30 I got off at 5:50 so I had to stop somewhere for dinner. I knew I should eat somewhere healthy like Paradise Bakery or Subway. But where did I end up? In-n-out, it was so delicious but I know it was awful for me. Ok, I could have gotten worse and actually in-n-out is actually not so bad when comparing burger joints. At first I felt totally guilty but now that it is later I realize that it is ok to sometimes eat out. Could I have made a healthier choice, of course but out of my options I think I did ok.

I decided to take the day off from exercising today. Watched a couple movies instead and I sorted through some old clothes. When I last moved I gave a lot of clothes to goodwill that were like 16-18 size because I am currently a size 28 and didn't think I needed to hold on to them anymore. Plus, most were very outdated as I haven't worn that size since high school a decade ago. But I do have some clothes still. So I went through and sorted out the clothes by size. I have about a tub full of 24-26 so that will be helpful so I don't have to spend much on clothes I will eventually shrink out of. I know this seems optimistic but why not be optimistic? I figure it is part of having the right mind set. I know that I am already close to a size 26 and if I keep up my current healthy habits I will get there. I am excited about it.

One really exciting thing did happen today that I wanted to share. At work I take the kids I watch after school outside for awhile. As most schools do they have a big field and play ground equipment and such. I try to always be walking around checking on the kids. Then I noticed an incident occurring across the field with at least one child on the ground crying. So I run across the field to him. As I am reaching the situation it occurs to me that not only am I running faster than I have in the past, it is much easier to be running, and I am not out of breath. Often times I run across the field and I have to stop to catch my breath but that wasn't a problem at all this time. I was able to immediately handle the situation. I just felt so happy about it because this is exactly why I want to be healthier. I don't want my weight to get in the way of helping someone or working with kids. So this is my yea me for the day. I seem to be finding them daily which I just love and is great motivation to continue as I am going.

But it is also the little things that are great. I was feeling bad for eating unhealthy for dinner. I had already decided earlier today I didn't want to eat ice cream again today because it should be a treat not an everyday experience. I was hungry this evening and although part of me was saying "oh well today is ruined anyways just eat the ice cream" I pushed the thought aside and was able to sit down with some yogurt and granola. A much healthier option for my evening. I can really see how each little decision through out the day can make a difference. Though here I am again at 1am, still not in bed. Though I am headed there now. I got to work on this 8 hrs of sleep thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment