About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Home sick

I haven't posted in a couple days so I thought I would update you.

This was my day off. I slept in, found out my friend is pregnant (congrats to Mylinda and Tim, you will be fabulous parents.) Went shopping for new bras and a belt, went out with my brother and sister-in-law to Sushi and Ikea. I had never tried sushi before but always wanted to. We went to this cool place in Chandler that has a rotating conveyer belt that you just pick your food off from. I tried several different items and determined sushi is not for me. :( I don't like the soy sauce, the green stuff, or seaweed. That kind of limits it. I love ikea it is great but I have been so many times and their really wasn't anything I needed so the novelty had definitely worn off. I did grab two hotdogs for $1 since I didn't eat much at the sushi restaurant. Later that night I was bad and went out to Dairy Queen. I got a cheeseburger and a large oreo cheesecake blizzard. Both delicious but not really healthy. I knew after that I had to start afresh on tuesday.

Tuesday & Wednesday
I woke up with a bit of cough. Like one of those deep coughs to clear phlem from the throat. My oldest nephew had been doing the same thing all weekend. He didn't really seem sick or say he didn't feel well so I thought maybe its not a big deal. I did take my temperature and it was up at 99 but didn't think that was too high so I went to work. Everything was fine till about 2 hours before i was going to leave. I all of a sudden felt so tired. I felt like I was going to pass out. I was fairly certain I had a fever too. So I went home, took my temp and it was at 101.5. I slept for about 14 hours I still was feeling awful, I still had a fever, so I called in to work and slept the rest of the day. I didn't even make it to church tonight, at 5:30 I checked my temp and it was up at 102.4. It is honestly kind of nice that I really just have a fever and am exhausted. The runny nose and cough are pretty minimal. Through out the day I have just been drinking lots of water, some orange juice, and eating cereal. The organic cereals and silk milk I drink are full of different vitamins and minerals. So instead of just popping additional multi-vitamins I eat the cereal and am getting a lot of the same stuff. Part of me wonders if is because I have been eating foods like this that I am not as sick as I may have been. Though the bad foods I ate over the weekend could also explain why I got sick at all. I am not really sure, just presuming. But it is an interesting thought. It is only 8pm and I am headed off to bed.

I am hoping that I feel better tomorrow as I don't want to miss two days of work (I am hourly no sick days for me.) Plus this is going to be a busy weekend. Tomorrow night I am supposed to stay late to watch kids while parents plan something. Then Friday night I am going to watch a baby for a couple hours. Then on Sat I have a UFC birthday party for my friends kid. So I really need this sickness to be done with. I shouldn't be still contagious by Friday night, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment