About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monday Monday

Monday 2/1/10

So I just want to do a quick post with an update from today. I did great with my food. I even went grocery shopping today and I everything I bought is toward my new health goal. Now I have been craving ice cream, I haven't had any for 3 weeks. Partly because it is my greatest food addiction and partly because when I try to have a little I tend to start craving more sugar. But I wanted to make sure I didn't wind up at a Dairy Queen binging (I see them everywhere lately) so at the store I bought a pint of Haggen-Dazs chocolate chocolate-chip. It has like 6 ingredients so more natural and it is only a little. Tonight I got out my measuring cup and a small bowl and measured out just 1/2 a cup plus 1/2 cup of cool whip. It was great! It met the craving I had and I didn't have much of a problem wanting more (well after I put my dirty bowl away to stop reminding me about it.) So it was a great day food wise.

I wasn't sure I was going to exercise today but I was feeling good and had some time so I did. I was feeling a little bored with my walking videos but I have several others. I actually have 4 Biggest Loser video's and a video from The Firm, it was on an infomercial forever ago. I showed them to my dad and he randomly choose The Firm. Now honestly out of the five he had to choose this is the most difficult but I decided to do it anyways. I popped it in and got to work. The cardio session I chose was 55 min and it is very intense. I made it about 20 min and felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I took a break for a couple min and tried to start again. I got maybe 5 min and then I just couldn't do it. My heart was beating so fast it just seemed stupid to keep it up. So I only made it 25 min but overall I am proud. I remember when I have tried this video before and I only got about 10 min in. I can definitely tell my WAP videos and wii fit plus have increased my physical ability. I wanted to keep exercising though so I moved over to one of my Walk Away the Pounds dvd's. I did one mile but it was advanced so it definitely kicked my butt. So in total only 40 min of exercise but I know that it was 40 min at a higher level than I have been going. And hopefully one day, not too far away, I will be able to get through the entire Firm video.

Now I do have to say I am very conflicted about tomorrow night. Watching Biggest Loser has been a motivational to help me exercise while it is on. But Lost starts tomorrow and I am a huge Lost fan. Tomorrow from 7-8 Lost is a recap and BL is a rerun and then they pitted the 2 hr BL right against the 2-hr premier of Lost. I looked up next weeks schedule and it looks like Lost will stay in the 8-9 hour which is against the second half of BL. So what do I do? I am leaning toward BL because it has a week delay in going online and Lost is available the next day. But my brother will be watching Lost in the next room so I don't know how I will handle that. The other thing is I don't think I will want to exercise at the same time. It is always just so excited and so many things going on it would be hard to watch two screens at once. Ahhh! I don't know. I think I have just convinced myself to watch Lost since every week I will have the 7-8 hr open to exercise plus half the time I exercise after 10pm anyways since I am a night owl. I will let you know my final decision tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment