About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 7 - 2 lb loss

*Disclaimer: I am posting 2 blogs at once. The first covers the past week or so and turning 28 realizations. The second is about my future plans.


So I was for 3 weeks and then this last week was my birthday week so I didn't really want to spend time worrying about food or exercise all week. So the fact that I lost 2 lb's is crazy.

I had the first half of my root canal done on tuesday. There was some pain when he was cleaning out the tooth near the root. But not a big deal compared to the pain when it was hurting a couple weeks ago. And honestly I haven't had any pain since (though I do knock on wood every time I say that.) On wednesday I go back in and get the temp filling out and a crown put on. So that should be fun. Right now I am taking antibiotics every 6 hrs, which is totally fun. NOT!

My birthday was good. I am the big 28 now. Nothing exciting happened but it was good. My family was awesome and my friends are great. So good birthday over all!! But of course with a birthday comes reflection on my life. I normally reflect more on my life on my birthday than on a new year.

First of all, go me! One year ago I weighed 214 lbs and this year I weigh 156 lbs. That is a weight loss of 58 lbs in one year! That is totally awesome! I have always gained weight. I have never yo-yo'd like people always talk about. I instead, every few years increase a size or two. So this is like, "wow, I can actually do this!" I know I am using a lot of explanation points but I am allowed to be excited.

I have filmed most of my application for the Biggest Loser. Actually I finished that on like Tuesday night. I have two more parts to tape and I keep putting it off. One is really embarrassing and so I think that is why I haven't done it yet. There is also part of me that wonders if it is really something I need. I can see that I am capable of loosing weight on my own. But I think it would be cool and if I won the $250,000 or even the $100,000 at home prize. Plus I am sure that I don't actually know everything about nutrition and exercise, even if I think I do. So learning from professionals would be a great experience. So I will let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment