About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, March 15, 2010

So very tired

Last night I was trying to post and stayed up way to late. I think I went to bed at 2:30am. I was supposed to wake up at 6am to take an antibiotic but slept right threw the alarm. I did wake up at 8:30 when work called and asked if I would come in for extra hours. Knowing I am trying to save for the summer I said yes. *Side note: I do get work the summer program with the school I work for however it will still give me 7 weeks off in the summer. Better than 3 months but I will still have bills those 7 weeks so I am trying to save. Plus if I save enough maybe I will actually go somewhere too.

So I was at work from 9am - 6pm. Which I know is only 9 hr and I did have a 1 1/2 break in their to. But with the little amount of sleep the day just seemed so long. I was tired on my drive home. But I knew I couldn't skip today's exercises, I knew I wasn't really going to sleep at 6pm anyways. So I stuck in the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred. I have 4 of the Biggest Loser video's and I have to say that this video is comparable if not slightly easier. Yes I just said easier. The video with warm up and cool down is 20 min. It is circuit training so you are switching exercises every 30 - 60 seconds. So although each one is very difficult I love that you move on to something new very quickly. Some of the things that make it difficult are the pushups, crunches, bicycle crunches, jumping jacks, and jumping kickbacks. But each of these are pretty basic moves in any video and something you have to build up to. Personally I hate jumping. To be blatant I have always had big boobs and even in expensive sports bra's they bounce which can be painful. So I need to work up to the jumping jacks; they scare me more than push ups. Overall it was a good video. I modified a few exercises so I didn't get the full burn and at 20 min I did take like 3 min break. So not perfect but pretty good.

After finishing the video I was exhausted but I hadn't eaten and I really wanted to walk 1 mile as well. So I ate dinner and procrastinated for a couple hours. Then finally at 10pm when i couldn't put it off any longer I got off my bum and did my one mile. It definitely got my heart rate up but the fact that I knew what I was doing helped me get through it. It was like 22 min with warm up and cool down.

So today I ate healthy...well actually I ate some cheesecake that is not very healthy. But I think even with that I was at like 1200 calories so that is good. And I exercised for about 52 min. And now I am going to bed because I am exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment