About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, May 11, 2012

New Classes

Here is how yesterday went"

4:30 am Woke up, got dressed, and left the house.
5:15 am Revelation Fitness @ my church (like a bootcamp)
6:45 am Home to shower, eat, and then run out the door again
8:15 am Preschool play at work that I just couldn't miss (I love those kids!)
9:15 am Holy Yoga
10:45 am Home again to eat a little more, pack lunch, and get to work
11:30 am Work
6:30 pm Dinner and several tv shows
10 pm Crash in bed before I have time to blog

I am so very sore today! I had noticed myself walking slowly yesterday but I swear I am walking even slower today. My whole body hurts. I try to remind myself that this is a good thing. Everywhere it hurts is a muscle I used that is now recovering. But that still doesn't help me walk up and down my stairs any easier.

The Revelation Fitness class is a God based boot camp that starts off and ends with bible verses and prayer. It is full of encouraging words and reminders that of how we should be doing our best for God. It was a small group but they only just started the 5:15 classes so I figure it will probably grow with time. In the class it was me and three men. It was really good! My breathing problems did come back though. When I run for very long I get "exercise induced asthma" in other words my lungs start closing up and it is hard to breath. In the past I used it as an excuse but I know, from experience, that my lungs just need to build up to that intensity and then they won't hurt so bad. So I just pushed through. I was left with a deep cough all day long. I kind of thought of it as a smokers cough and I guess that might be what it is. My mother smoked around me so much that even now I still can only sometimes smell cigarette smoke. So maybe my lungs are covered in the same tar that smokers have. I don't know. Or I could blame the pluresy I had years ago, water on the lungs. But again excuses won't help.

As teacher appreciation week continues I continue to eat bad at work. Yesterday that meant that I had three cake pops. They were so very delicious though. I had also had some Jumba Juice so that was actually healthy. Well, healthier. I am not sure what they have planned for today, probably more delicious treats.

Seeing that I can barely walk right now I probably won't exercise today. Tomorrow I plan on going to another Holy Yoga class. This one is called Holy Yoga Flow, I don't really know what that means but hey why not try it. I still haven't finished this week's first homework assignment. I have at least read the hundred pages in my book but I need to answer ten questions about what I read. Hopefully it won't be too hard since it is the very first assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment