About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rain and a Movie

After going to bed at five am this morning I was worried about when I would be sleeping tonight. It doesn't seem to be a problem though as it is ten and I am ready to crash. I assume that this is because I could not rotate my sleep as well and was up at 10:30 like I normally am.

With me applying for my bosses job and her in charge of selecting final applicants our work friendship has changed a bit. She has kind of pulled back and is less talkative with me. I understand the difficult position and hope that after this we can go back to our normal banter. For now it has helped me remember why I work this job. I love the kids, I love helping the teachers, I really love being there. This week I have put forth a little more time (off the clock, shhh don't tell) with helping some of the teachers. Little things like removing things from the walls and laminating for end of the year books. Small stuff that needs to be done as part of their long list of to do items. I love just helping out.

I was happy there were no incidents at work today. At 3 when school got out Phoenix was bright and sunny but by four dark clouds had rolled in and were quickly covering the sky. By 4:30 it was storming outside with loud rumbles of thunder and bright flashes of lighting. There have been days in the past with storms like this where the kids get scared. I tried to watch the kids, keep them distracted and not worry about them being too loud as their noise helped cover the rolling thunder. We only had one kid break into tears and that was after her father had arrived and was scared of the actual thought of going out in the storm. One other I was worried about came to me for comfort and we talked about how safe we were and I helped join a game with some other kids to be distracted.

After work I went to a free screening of "What to Expect When You are Expecting." It was very funny but is also very adult. Although they don't show any sex they talk about it a lot, and not very subtly. It follows five women who go through completely different experiences because really that how life is. One woman miscarries, one has to adopt, one has a difficult pregnancy while another has a very easy one, and the last woman is struggling to make important decisions with the father of the baby. For me personally, having a baby will only come after getting married, so I have avoided any type of baby fever that most women my age get. However, watching five woman go through all kinds of up and downs when it comes to having a child I totally got baby fever. In fact the woman who adopts goes to Ethiopia to adopt. I have a cousin who adopted her son from Ethiopia and towards the end when she meets her baby I was crying, tears were streaming down my face while I thought about my cousin did something just like this when she met her precious son.. So I totally loved this movie but I give a major warning that if you are in the baby making years you may get swept up in baby fever. :) Oh, and the men should like it too. The movie goes into all of the ups and downs for the men in these women's lives as well. Plus Chris Rock, hilarious and Joe Manganiello, who is Alcide on True Blood, let me just say one handed pull ups with no shirt on.

Now off to bed. Hopefully I will wake up at a decent hour and get some exercise in before work.


No comments:

Post a Comment