About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Little Bit of Everything

I know I am gaining weight, I feel it in my waistline. I haven't weighed since Sunday night. I pushed the scale under my bed so that I can't just jump on to "check real quick."

Monday evening I went to a Holy Yoga class and it sucked! The class seemed to be a culmination of all of the moves I hate because my body does not like them. We kept going into one after another and I just laughing. It was crazy! I can do many moves and a few are painful to be in, which they are not supposed to be, and she she chooses those. She didn't do it on purpose or anything, how would she know. So the first part of class was laughing and the last part was crying. We went from the wheel, to the camel both completely impossible for me. Then our final stretch was sitting with our legs out in front of us reaching our hands out to our feet. The problem is I can't do that. I can move forward maybe a couple inches but while sitting I can't reach much past my knees. So really I am just sitting there. It was so frustrating because I thought I had found something I really liked and I was excited about going to several classes this week and then the rug is pulled out from under me and I come crashing to the ground realizing that no, I can't do this either. ...It sucks.

I missed yoga tuesday morning but plan to go tomorrow morning. On Tuesday I was given an interview time, for the promotion at work, for Thursday at 1pm. So I want to go to Holy Yoga, go come home and get ready, then I work for an hour and a half and then go right to my interview. I have worked with the two women interviewing me for three years now and I get along well with both of them. I am not nervous  which is good. I realize that it is completely out of my control if I get this job. I have mentally prepared and will do my best and after that it is in God's hands. I just hope I keep this calm in the interview, that would be helpful so I don't trip over my words.

This weekend is the Phoenix ComicCon. I have never been to one and so I am going to go on Saturday to see what it is like and try to go see the Eureka panel. (It is bound to be very crowded.) That is this weekend and then next Thursday I fly out to see my nephew graduate, I am SO excited!! I get back Sunday the 3rd and then the school I work for gets out on Wednesday the 6th. I won't have a break because I will watch teacher kids Thursday and Friday and then Summer camp starts on the following Monday. I am glad that I won't miss any pay but going straight through summer is going to be hard. Then among all this I have my classes I need to work on. I have one assignment due Sat, so I have to finish by Friday so I can go to Con. Then I have two assignments due the following week and I want to have them both done before I leave Thursday afternoon. So I am very busy the next couple. I will try to post when I can. Especially pics from Con and my trip.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a fun trip and stay w/ your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, was thinking about you and hoping you're doing okay. Haven't seen a post from you in awhile!

    ReplyDelete