About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Summer Session

Today my new classes start. They always start out easy and then get harder. Both are going to take a lot of reading. I am still waiting on four books I ordered from Amazon. This morning I got requests to review the companies I ordered two of the books from. I am hoping they will probably come today then, you never know with US mail though.

This weekend I tried to just relax and not do any pre-reading. I hung out with friends, watched lots of Hulu, and sketched several new drawings. I am not amazing or anything but sometimes I like to draw so I have a couple sketch books I use. Last weekend I sketched out my current dream house which included rooms for both my brothers families and my dad. We have a very close family and I currently live with one of my brothers and his wife. Being a babysit has allowed me to see some really cool and large houses. I don't picture any reality that I will be able to actually build it but it is still fun to dream. Usually I draw landscapes and occasionally dresses. Maybe I will take some pics to show you sometime.

This weekend I went shopping and bought some new exercise clothes. What I had was old and several of my pants had holes in them which work at home but not in public. I actually found some cute yoga pants. You know the kind that is folded down and has a cute design around the waste. I am excited to wear them tonight to yoga class. Which kind of sounds weird, being excited about yoga class but I seem to be.

Last week I had made four goal and only managed to do one. They were:
1. No Denny's
2. Don't weigh till sat night
3. Track all food
4. Exercise 3 times for 30 min

I went to Denny's sat night so kind of made it. I weighed myself all week, more about that later. I did manage to track all my food even on bad days. I only did yoga this week.

For this week I am going to switch it up a bit.
1. Track all food
2. Exercise 3 times for minimum of 30 min each
3. Monday's are cheat days. No other days. So if I am craving something wait till Mon.

Let me explain the last one. I was running late for work and didn't pack lunch. I am currently sitting in Red Lobster eating lunch and desert. So making any type of food requirements while eating ice cream is kind of a lie. So this seems like a good compromise.

I need to get more milk and fresh veg to pack for lunches. I will do that... Tomorrow morning I guess since I have yoga tonight.

***

I can not believe how self defiant I am. I don't seem to want to go to bed. My body is tired but I seem to be refusing like a disobedient child. I think it has to do with it being Monday and my before stated free pass. It isn't really a free pass my body still has to do something with the calories which is why I ate a sensible dinner and no desert. Even now at 12:30 am it is no longer Mon and yet I still refuse to go to bed. So silly. As I mentioned before a constant fight with myself. I had established eating less calories and going to be early and my body is trying to follow my request and here I am trying to push it in the opposite direction.

Now that I am home I can let you know what the scale said this week. Last Sunday I weighed in at 279.

Monday: 277 - 1 hr Yoga + under calories by 220
Tuesday: 276 - Under calories by 468
Wednesday: 277 - Over calories by 538 (binge ate cereal right before bed)
Thursday:275 - Under calories by 45
Friday:277 - Over by 796 calories (Ate 5 cookies at work)
Saturday:278 - Over by 1530 calories (Taco Bell, Denny's, and a bakery)
Sunday: 277 - Over by 1070 calories (More treats from the bakery)

So for the week I did end up dropping two pounds but I did not do well at all this last weekend. Then of course add today and I am sure I will be back up to 279 tomorrow. Though my overeating this weekend is part of why I changed my free day to Monday. I don't want it in my head that just because it is a weekend I can eat whatever I want. Even free day still has to do with moderation.

For instance today. I put everything in and I am over my calories by 730 calories. But keep in mind my calorie goal is 1000 calories under my maintain calorie amount. So the food I ate was greasy and bad for me but I didn't go over my maintain calories. If I do that once a week then that is better then the four days I did last week.

I do want to end on a positive note. I am very proud that I have been including fruits and vegetables everyday! Keeping the food pre-cut and washed and ready to go has made it effortless when packing lunch or grabbing something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment