About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It begins

So I went to three stores; Whole Foods, Sunflower, and Sam's Club. I have spent my entire monthly budget for food already but I have no reason to step into a grocery store for 3 weeks. And even then it will just be for milk and yogurt. I decided not to buy any soda. I have already been struggling with this decision the last few days feeling tired and blah. But I think after some time passes that I will be ok. My brother and sister-in-law gave up caffeine awhile ago and they agree that the first few weeks are tough but then you get through it. I know I need to make sure I get enough sleep each night plus with going to the gym that should help with my energy level to.

Yesterday my friend had to teach a BodyPump class and wanted me to come so of course I did. We got there a little early so we jumped into the last 20 min of a Zumba class, then did her class, and then tried to do this martial arts type class. I only made it about 15 min and then had to quit. It had been 3 weeks since I last worked out plus I pushed myself pretty hard in the BodyPump class. Today I am feeling pretty sore in my legs but that is good. It reminds me how I need to get back in the gym. Reminds me that I do enjoy working out. Plus today my pants feel a little tighter, I think I went up another inch! Totally not cool! So back to what I know is healthy. Oh and I changed my 90 day board. I have always had it say "90 days to Victory" but I changed it to "My body is a temple." Because it is, it is God's temple and I am not treating it very nicely. So over the next 90...82 days I will not stress about my weight or calories and instead eat healthy and go to the gym to be healthy and strengthen my heart.

I do think that for the first week that it will be tough. I have been eating whatever I can, whenever. Which means my calorie intake is probably way to high. So going back down to a reasonable calorie intake will be hard. Plus the caffeine withdraw this week. And then adding in the exercise. As I type it all out I realize it is a lot to do all at once but I also know I have done this before. It is a routine and lifestyle I had for 2 months (I did drink soda though.) I think I can do it. And when it gets tough I need to remember to just trust and lean on God because He can help me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment