About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Content Again

Good Morning all of my lovely readers. It is one am so it is officially June 17th. Today is an interesting day for my family. Yes, fathers day. But for my family it is more than that. Today my eldest nephew turns 18! Today is also the 10 year anniversary of my mother's death. Ten years ago, early in the morning I was awoken by my dad to find out that my mother had a heart attack and she wasn't going to make it. Ten years seems like a long time but you never forget loosing someone that is so close to you. Mother's day, for me, passes by mostly unnoticed. I think more about how I wish I was a mother then wishing my mother was around to celebrate with. On other holiday's like Thanksgiving or Christmas I miss her but it is the moments in between, the times when you just need a mom. But even with all that being remembered today, it is also a day of rejoicing for my nephews day of birth. He is an amazing young man and I think God has great things in store for him.


***
I made it six and a half days on my fast. It has been a great week and I am surprised by how well I did during this time. This evening I decided to go to Denny's for a hamburger. I just kind of felt like..I don't, that it was ok to stop. This evening at my Saturday night service it was the end of the service, mostly about being a dad and all about being a parent so I had trouble relating. But at the end we did communion, taking bread (matza) and a cup (grape juice) in remembrance of the Lord's sacrifice, before I took it I was praying about continuing the Daniel Fast. I was feeling all day kind of on the edge about it, I could continue but does God want me too. So I was praying about that and then as I was about to take the cup I realized that grape juice is not part of the Daniel Fast; grapes are but this is sugary grape juice. I literally laughed out loud. It was so silly, do I not take communion because of the fast one that I am not even sure I should continue or not. I did take the drink and the bread.

On the way out the door of church, they always have a little snack to encourage a community feel of hanging out together. Tonight they had Hostess products and the Twinkie looked good but I passed it up still undecided. I even went shopping making all choices that fall under the Daniel fast still unsure about it all. In the end I felt that me being so unsure was a sign that I was not fully committed.

This week I plan to continue to eat all of the healthy foods I have in my home. I am grateful for the week I spent eating carefully and making smart choices. It really showed me that with God I really can accomplish this goal of getting to a healthier weight. As of last night I had gone from 281 to 271, a 10 lb drop. After eating just a hamburger and fries tonight I am up to 276. I had a feeling that part of the weight was water weight because my waist line only changed a tiny bit not as much as really being down to 271 would have gotten me.

Tomorrow, rather today, is a busy day. I have church all morning, then I am going to be watching my aunt's dog so I am going to go get the run down from her, then my best friend is moving next weekend and she will be nearly an hour and a half away so we are getting together before distance separates us. Then home to probably work on a little more homework. I am ahead but I want to stay that way with only two weeks left in this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment