About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Better Me?

Yesterday I was outside raking up leaves and I realized all of sudden how when I am vegan and not addicted to caffeine I seem to get more done. Back in September when I had challenged myself to 25 days vegan I had found myself cleaning things and keeping things better maintained then i had in the past. I thought it was odd enough that I made a mental note of it. Then again, here I am 16 days into caffeine free and vegan and I find myself doing something that is out of character for me. I know that is a little sad to say. But seriously I have known these leaves needed raking for months and yet all of sudden I feel ready to go out and do it. As this lifestyle continues past twenty-five days this time I will have to continue to see if this behavior continues. And of course this great. To be able to do things and be self motivated. It is like a miracle. It is one of the things that drew me back to being vegan.

I have been much better at my calories. In fact today I went over by 61 calories. So I had to jump on my brothers wii fit and burn some calories so I wouldn't be over anymore. It a little sad because the games I used to do so well on I totally stink on now. But I remember I didn't start out good I had to work up to good and then up to great. So I may start spending more time on the wii.

Speaking of calories this morning I weighed myself and I was down two pounds. So that takes me down to 269. I was happy to see a two pound loss because that is what it should be. Not huge drops. So I will keep doing what I am doing and seeing the pounds drop off. I have already received a compliment about how much weight I have lost and I now fit back in my skinny jeans. So I am very happy.

This weekend I was responsible and made a shopping list. I knew exactly how much I could afford to spend on food and I did not go over. That is with shopping at three different stores. I have lots of food and should be able to make it through the end of the month with what I have. My fruits and veg will be gone by then but that is ok as long as I don't let any that I bought go to waste. I am also doing so much better at eating fruits and vegetables. I had one or the other for every meal including one snack of cherries. I am very proud of myself. Especially lunch today. I had this lentil vegetable soup. I was worried. I don't like mixing foods and this was like a stew full of veggies. But it was good. I would totally buy it again! So yea to trying new foods.

I told you that I was going to have to wait till March to go to school because I am waiting on financial aid. I had kind of put it out of my mind but yesterday I felt I should really go check it. I went to the site and my FA is approved. I am getting a pell grant to cover my classes for this semester and then there will be enough left over so I can take a few classes over the summer too. I try to call FA to confirm that what I saw was right, that everything was approved. But I was stuck on hold forever. I was trying to wait to sign up for classes till I talked to them. Especially because I need to know about book credits and such. Well then today again just out of the blue I just felt like I should really just sign up for classes. And so I did. Right now I am just doing Eng 102. The book is online so I don't have for anything right now. Then for my second 8 week session I am going to take two classes about early education. One is actually 10 weeks so I was hoping to take that now but they both require books and I don't have the cash to cover it so they will both start in March. So I will have a little over lap with eng 102 and those two classes but hopefully that works out ok. I really believe it will work out because I believe this is part of the path God wants me on right now. So now I am college student, for the fifth time in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment