About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Movies and Books

I watch lots of tv and read lots of books. However I seem to have missed many of the classics along the way. Now I could just ignore this, as the generation behind me has also not read these books. But rather giving in to ignorance I prefer to make this into an interesting challenge. So for the next twelve months I have selected 12 movies and 24 books. If I miss one because I am busy. No big deal I will just move to the next months books. There is the little problem of November being busy for me so if possible I may try to read those books early. However, as you will see in a minute. My book selections are all very challenging so fitting a third in to a month may be hard. But we will see.

A couple years ago I saw a blog about people trying to read books that Rory Gilmore read on Gilmore Girls. I don't know about you but I loved that show! I looked over the list and there were many books I saw on the list that were classics that people make reference to but I had not read. So for two years I have wanted to read some of those books. I think I may have even blogged about my intentions last year to read some of the books. Either way it didn't get done but it is where I got many of the books from the list. A few, toward the bottom, are not on her list but I still wanted to read them so they are staying.

I pasted my lists below.


  Movie Book 1 Book 2
January Gone with the Wind Gone with the Wind Wizard of Oz
February Sound of Music Emma Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
March Joe vs Volcano, When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle Uncle Tom's CabinMoveable Feast
April Hitch Hikers guide to the galaxy Catch-22 One Hundred Years of Solitude
May Shawshank Redemption Grimm Brothers David Cooperfield
June Godfather I, II, III The Shining Great Expectations
July A clockwork Orange Moby Dick Joy Luck Club
August Grease & Saturday Night Fever A Tale of Two Cities Oliver Twist
September Pulp Fiction 1984 Little Women
October Grapes of Wrath Fahrenheit 451 The Secret life of Bees
November The Silence of the Lambs Devil in the White City Wicked
December The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Night A Christmas Carol




For a few months a have more than one movie listed. They went together so I just stuck them together. For March I have the whole Meg Ryan movie thing going on so I even moved Moveable Feast to that month, her character in City of Angels read it.

What do you think of my list? Do you agree? Should I add something? Remove something?

1 comment:

  1. I'll look forward to March and your opinions on "the whole Meg Ryan movie thing".
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete