About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, January 2, 2012

Vacation is Over

Tomorrow I go back to work. After two weeks away it is a little weird to go back. I do miss the routine but having my own schedule has been nice too. I have to say the worst part of going back is that I have to return this iPad I borrowed. I am totally hooked now. Though I had kind of figured I would be. There are a few things that frustrate me, like scrolling down and e-mail that is a link it always wants to send you there instead of just scrolling. Greer. But no worries I am returning this so I won't have that problem anymore. ;) Tomorrow we have a new girl starting with me so she needs to be kind of trained. Then we also had a guy who works at our middle school campus quit over the break so he has to be replaced now too. So this week should be fun.

The last couple of days have been intersecting. I have been eating vegan and tracking my calories. The worst part is I am not hitting the calorie goal that th program thinks I should hit. I already have it set so that the calorie goal would have me loose two lbs a week but with the other five hundred calories I am not eating I may end up loosing three pounds this week. I just want to make sure I am getting all of the nutrients that I need. Making sure that I am not eating the same thing everyday. I was hoping I wouldn't have to shop again till next week but I seem to have a small list of things I need to get. My budget is a little tight every month before the 15th but as long as I stick to my list I should be ok. In January I never get any babysitting jobs. I think after a month of going out and spending way to much money parents just want to stay in, which makes sense. But that also means no extra cash for me this month.

The hardest thing right now is the no tv. Even this evening I was frustrated and just wanted to go watch tv till I forgot what was bugging me. It has been interesting learning when tv has become such a habit to go to. Today, without any work or anywhere to go, it started to get hard. I am reading a book on fasting and a couple books on being vegan. So they are all informative not really story telling. So I kind of read one and then hope to another and then pray a little bit, read another, listen to some music, do my devotion, read some more. I did start my push up, crunch, squat today. I am not so bad at the square and crunch's but push ups I need lots of help. I knew on the ground, even on my knew would be too hard. Doing them against the wall is too easy but I couldn't find a good angle to do them at, nothing sturdy enough to lean against with the whole weight of my body. So I ended up doing them against the wall for now. Today I did exhaustion tests and for the push-up's I did forty against the wall. It feels a little like cheating starting so far ahead with such an easy push up but after I hit the hundred I will have to find a new way to do them. Maybe by then I might be strong enough to do them on the ground or the lower angles available to me. I do have to say that my legs are still fatigued from the equate I did. So I guess that is good. My abs and arms aren't so I wonder if I pushed myself hard enough on those. I will start my first rotation on Wednesday. So we will see how that goes.

Otherwise all is well and I hope the same goes for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment