About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, January 9, 2012

Feeling Bleh

Today I am feeling bleh! Earlier I was feeling a little light headed and a little ditzy. It was weird and not normal. Before you go blaming my diet I stopped to look at that too. When I tell myself the truth I have not been eating my fruits and veggies. In fact, I looked over my food log and some days I have gone all day with none! That does not work. I also remembered that I forgot to take my B-12 supplements the last two days. I take a handful of pills right before bed but the b-12 is supposed to be taken with food so I try to take it in the morning with breakfast but sometimes I forget. It helps with Iron in my body and because of a lack of nutrients in the soil I can't get it without eating meat. So I have to take a supplement or risk getting anemic. I do have to say that back, like in the 60's our veggies did have B-12, it is the soil we use now that has changed it.

This evening I exercised doing the push-up, sit-up, squat thing. It went well but now I am feeling even more light headed. For dinner I had lots of veg so hopefully that will help. Tomorrow I am going to be much more conscious of getting fruit and veg in every meal.

The other thing is my calories. For someone who is 276 lbs at 5' 9" to maintain my weight I would eat 2900 calories a day. I know a lot. The iphone app I use "Lose It" gives me the option to put in how many pounds to loose per week up to 2 lb weight loss. So I chose the 2 lb weight loss which means every day I should be eating 1900 calories. Ok let's be specific, I should be eating 1,961 calories everyday. But I haven't been. Every day last week I had at least 300 calories left over. In fact on Saturday I only ate 1200 calories. I am eating until I am full, until I am satisfied. Whole foods are just so filling that it is hard to reach my calories.

This evening, knowing I am not feeling well, I decided to weigh in. The goal was to loose 2 lbs but I knew it would be more with the extra calories I missed. I was also keeping in mind that last week I weighed in in the morning, after breakfast. I was now weighing in at the end of my day. So I should be heavier then if I weighed in in the morning. The wii fit says I weigh 271 which was a 5 lb weight loss. Plus the fact I weighed at night it is probably six to seven pounds. That is a lot of weight to loose in a week. That is Biggest Loser weight loss where they eat nothing and exercise 7 hrs a day. No wonder I am feeling bad. So it wasn't even exciting to see knowing that I may be hurting my body. Yes I want to loose weight but I don't want to get sick as well.

So tomorrow I am going to watch my calories better. Maybe have more snacks during the day. Putting in my new weight into my app drops my calories down to 1,929 so a little less. But more fruits and more vegetables! :)

On a different note I was anxious to start school hoping I could start right away. But I have decided until the financial aid is completely finalized. I can take a class now but the aid falls through then I will have to pay close to $300 which is the amount  I am trying to save to fly out to see my sister. So I choose sister over a college class any day of the week. They say it takes four weeks but then they also say I can't start classes till the first week of March. So I don't know. I will check the site every week and see if there are any updates.

Oh, no! I totally forgot with feeling sick, dinner, and exercising. I have an opportunity to teach a camp at my elementary school over the summer. So I was thinking of doing a photography class and a scrapbooking class. I could totally make some good extra money doing this. I need remember to do some research on that tomorrow morning so I can tell my boss if I can do it or not. But hey if you want to teach a class to K-4th grade kids for one week, or more, during the summer. You select the topic and it can be full day or half day class and make some extra money then let me know. We still need plenty of teachers for both July and August.

Well if I have to wake up in the morning it is definitely bed time. Write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment