About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, January 20, 2012

Lazy Friday

This week was really busy, good busy, but very busy.

Tuesday: Although I was registered for my eng 102 class I could not get online. I called and they said it was due to the long weekend and I had to wait. At work I had to train someone new to take over at the middle school. This is good but I always worry I will forget something when i train them. Since after I train them they are on their own it is kind of important I get it right. After work I was able to log online and I looked through some of the course work and made a plan for the week of when I would have time to study. Then it was time for bed.

Wednesday: I woke up at 7:30, exercised and then went to my wed morning woman's church group. We are now reading this book called Bittersweet together. It is really good. I was a little late but made it so I was happy about that. Then I left a little early from it, as I always do, so I could get to work. Work was good. I did read some of my text book for eng during my break but also helped my boss get a project done so I did not read as much as I would have liked. It was nice being back at the lower school campus, I had really missed being there. Though I am more strict then the other teachers so I don't know how much the kids like me being back because I make them actually follow the rules. I got back to the lower school just in time because my new co-worker Sara got sick. We sent her home early on Wed and then she wasn't there yesterday and won't be here today. After work I went straight to my writing group. It is a bunch of girls from Nano and now we get together and help each other edit our books. I didn't get home until 10:30 and went right to bed.

Thursday: I was determined to get some school work done. I woke up at seven, got dressed and ate and was doing homework by eight. I kept doing work for three hours till it was time to go to work. Work was good again. Lots of kids are sick and there was a case of lice reported, yuck! I did write most of a two paragraph paper I needed to do. The teacher is using it to judge where we are at at the beginning of the semester so i wanted to make it good. Plus I was a little distracted because we were finishing the last of the project at work. That morning I had gotten a call for a babysitting job that night. I actually left work early and went to babysit a kid. She is great and I love watching here. She was in bed by 7:30 and parents did not get home till eleven so that gave me three and a half more hours of doing school work. When her parents arrived I had about ten more minutes of work to complete an assignment so when I got home I finished that up. I am now finished with both week one and week two's assignments. Week three has an actual essay to write, where as the others were mostly reading, so I assume it will take longer. I am going to just keep plugging away at the work till the class is done.

After Wednesday and Thursday being so busy I decided to give myself a break. This morning I slept in a little, caught up on my blogs, and did some research on how to do some stuff around the house that I want to do. Specifically I need to use a post hole digger and caulk a window. Both seem easy and self explanatory but I thought check the internet in case they have any tips.

Saturday I have a four hour babysitting job in the middle of the day and church at night but I plan on doing homework around those times. Tomorrow is my brother's birthday and so my dad is coming in to town. He is also bringing down a shed to put up in the back yard so my plans may change a little depending on when he needs help. I am planning on doing my home repair projects on Sunday after church. I figure that is a good time to get outside and work. But now I am running late for work so till next time. Ta Ta For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment