About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Week

My weekends feel like they fly by. I can barely remember what I did this weekend. I guess the biggest thing I did was finish my last final for the semester. I spent hours and hours working on making the site look great for my teacher. Compared to some of the other sites I found I probably went above and beyond but I like to give 100%. Plus I don't know how this might benefit later classes so I want to make sure I do my best. All of my major assignment go on a site called TaskStream that I read in one spot that I will use for a portfolio for my final class before graduation. This was one of those assignments.

This evening I was trying to think of the week ahead. What do I want to do different? What goals should I make for the week? Here is what I came up with:

1. No Denny's for 7 days.
2. Exercise 3 times this week for  a minimum of 30 min
3. Track what I eat and why
4. Don't weigh until Saturday night

In reality as I write my goals I want to say be perfect. Stay within calories, exercise 60 min a day, track everything, win every battle. But that is not logical. So I push that idea aside and go back the reasonable goals that I have made.

So here's to this week and good choices. Have you made any goals this week?

2 comments:

  1. My personal goal(s) this week is to get in a few runs before my first half marathon race this weekend and to practice my violin a few times, as well. Good luck w/ your goals for the week. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you running the pittsburgh half marathon? i'm volunteering at it this weekend :)

      also, @ angela: my goal for this week is to make it up to the gym and see if they still have my shoes/clothing that i left there this past december and haven't been back since to get (oof. convoluted sentence). Then maybe I will consider running during my lunch breaks since I've been piling on the extra-curriculars recently...

      Delete