About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Nomination and stress

Do you remember how I told you about the Prior Fat Girl blog that I applied to blog on? I was selected as a finalist so I sent her a blog to post. I found out there were ten finalists. One was posted each day all last week and then this week. My blog will post tomorrow. I am a little nervous. I have read the first seven and everyone seems great. I like some better then others. I read through the comments on each to see what  people think of everyone. I don't know how they are doing voting yet but if you want to check out what I said this link should work after 10 am Arizona time http://www.priorfatgirl.com/?p=9563  .

This evening I have found myself at Denny's again. This is not a good thing when it comes to counting calories. Then add to that my friends not liking my novel, like at all. This is not a good mix. So I had picked a good dinner, their Fit Fare Omelet, which was about 400 calories. Then after a stressful conversation about how much my book sucks, that yes did result in my crying in the middle of a Denny's while all my friends did was laugh about how insulting each other were being, I ordered a Pancake Puppies Sundae. Which I can not even calculate the calories on. So I need to go home to exercise because I am surely over my calories. I need to do both my Firm Express video and some cardio work.

***

Further stressful conversation while I was trying to type this blog led to me leaving the Denny's. I am so frustrated that I want to cry, scream, and eat everything in the house. Ok, that last one is not true. Thinking about all of the calories in the pancake puppie sundae is actually making me feel nausous. That I would let myself be controlled by my emotions and instead of getting up and leaving like I should have when they were so rude, I instead consumed lots of empty calories. I do not need that negativity! My writing group is supposed to be fun. I totally just dumped them. I wrote a breakup facebook post on our private group board and then left the group. Seeing that I really just want to curse at several of the members of the group right now I figure that was the politest way of doing this. The real problem is what about this November, what if I am their ML again. Will that be totally awkward? Should I not apply to be ML because I don't want to edit anymore? I don't know and thinking about it just makes me want to cry more.

I am going to make myself stop blogging and get up and exercise. Exercise is supposed to help aleviate stress, right? I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!! I read that blog too :) I will do vote for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete