About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday Night Update

My body is yelling at me. On Friday night I went to my friend Kandie's gym where she works. I took her Body Pump class which is weight lifting, lots of weight lifting. She says the class burns an average of 530 calories and is 800 reps. My whole body was shaking before the class was even over. Yesterday my shoulders were killing me and today my triceps are extremely painful.

Then today I was being extra helpful at church which means that for five hours straight I was working. Setting up food, watching kids, refreshing food, and then cleaning up. I was so exhausted. In fact you know how you can hit a wall while exercising? I totally hit the wall mid cleaning up. I pushed through, wasn't really an option to stop. But it was all exhausting. Working with all that food and somehow I never stopped to actually eat something. On the way home I stopped at McDonald's. I was starving. I bought 2 Big Mac's, 10 nuggets with honey, med fries, and med drink. So much food. Though really, its late and that is all I have eaten today so not so bad right? Ok, yes bad. But so delicious.

The weekend was great. After Body Pump Kandie and I went to Red Robin, we were both starving. I tried the Royal Red Robin, I had heard great things about it so I thought time to try it. The Royal Red Robin, if you haven't heard or tried it, is a bacon burger with a fried egg on it. It was interesting, not my favorite but it was really interesting. I am glad I tried it. We walked around a few stores at Norterra and then headed to our hotel. We stayed at the Drury Inn right off the I 17 and Pinnacle Peak. It is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are very large. They offer appetizers and three free drinks from 5 -7 though we were out at that time. We did have the breakfast which was very large: Waffles, oatmeal, bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, french toast, biscuits and gravy. Oh and coffee, juice, and soda. Mmmm free soda. They have no pay-per-view which sucked but free HBO (Micheal Moore was none, no fun.) So lots of fun and a great hotel.

My writing group went well. Until I read the comments people gave me. They are ruff but I know my friends were just trying to be helpful. Went to church to set up some of the food for this morning. I had lots of help so that went well. I have never been in charge of such a big production of food before. I didn't do so bad. I didn't order any of the food but preparing everything and making it look nice is it's own job.. Everything seemed to come out ok. I am going to make some notes for myself so I know how to be better prepare if I do it next year.

I do want to follow up, most of the apples, banana's, and cucumbers ended up in the trash last week. I need to try harder this week to get my fruit and veg in. Last week I did not do a good job at exercising so I am starting my 30 over again, they were supposed to start last week.

Monday:      Cycle 1 - Cardio + Sculpt
Tuesday:      Cycle 1 - Cardio
Wednesday: Cycle 1 - Sculpt
Thursday:    Rest
Friday:         Cycle 2 - Cardio + Sculpt
Saturday:     Cycle 2 - Cardio
Sunday:       Cycle 2 - Sculpt

Six days of exercise. I know ambitious but they are each only 20 minutes. I want to also stick some cardio in there too but will fit in wherever I can instead of on a planned schedule.

Tomorrow it is back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment