About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, April 9, 2012

Success?

This evening I worked out. I actually managed to do twenty minutes on my Gazelle and today's Firm Express video. So forty minutes of working out and according to the iphone LoseIt app I use I burned nearly 600 calories. Nice job! Though that seems a little high for forty minutes, doesn't it?

The reason why I am not sure I want to call this a success is because of what I ate today.
Breakfast: Two bowls of Rice Chex with Silk Milk
Lunch: Chef-boy-r-dee Beefaroni, 5 club crackers, and two frosted sugar cookies
Dinner: Sandwich on a roll with provolone cheese and turkey breast meat
Dessert: 4 mini danishes and 1 cup of ice cream

According to my Lose It app I should eat 1,954 calories to loose two pounds a week. Today I ate 1,956 calories so only two calories over. But I know that there was a lot of junk calories in what I ate today. I need to try to eat calories that provide nutrients which ice cream, danishes, and cookies do not have. I can say that the 563 calories I burned is subtracted from the 1,956, so I did not eat my exercise which is good. I want to mention I am not hungry. I do feel a little dehydrated so I am drinking lots of water as I type this.

I had told you I bought a new scale. I have it in my bedroom and from time to time I step on. The problem is that the numbers are all over the place. I thought I was down from the 277 to 275. Then Sunday after church I weighed myself. If you remember I volunteered for five hours and hadn't eat anything, I was down to 270! That was exciting. Of course that was gone by the end of the day. Sunday night I was 277 and this morning I was 276. So I guess no change? My pants are fitting a little better but I am not back in my skinny jeans yet. My goal is to shed two pounds this week and know it. So if I can keep up with my tracking and the exercises I know I can do it.

Below I am posting two pics I took. One is from when I was trying to get myself to get on my Gazelle. You can see it is in front of the tv ready to go and yet I just kept sitting in my chair. The other is after the forty minutes with my face all red and sweaty.

For now I am off to bed. People say you shouldn't exercise right before bed but exercise always makes me sleepy.


No comments:

Post a Comment