About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, March 26, 2012

Disconnected

Recently I was reading a blog that asked the questions "Are you disconnected from the number on the scale." I wasn't really sure at first until I started reading some of the comments that were left. Many people said they weighed every day. I won't weigh myself more than once a week since numbers fluctuate. One person said they used to pack a scale when they traveled so they wouldn't miss a weigh in. I couldn't picture that. I once stayed for three weeks with my sister and weighed myself about half way through to confirm what my loose pants were telling me, that I was loosing weight. But I would never pack a scale to take along with me.

I know that at times in my past I have been obsessive over my weight. For years I have weighed myself daily so I do understand what this person's mentality is. So after reading the comments I knew that I am disconnected from the scale. I focus on how my clothes fit and how I am feeling day in and day out. Actually when I stopped to really think about it my personal scale in my room has been out of battery's for  over a year maybe more. Every once and awhile I go turn on my brother's wii fit and weigh myself. It keeps a record which I like to look over and see where I am at. But I wonder can I be too disconnected from the scale? I have maintained a weight around 270 for two years now and I don't want to start gaining again. I decided it was time. Time to buy a new scale.

I went online and did research looking at consumer reports and review after review. I decided on an Eat Smart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale. Although I could not find it being sold in a local store it had amazing reviews on Amazon. In fact a few of the people who didn't like how it turned on then reported that Eat Smart sent them their updated model that doesn't have that issue and now the customer was happy. It was $30 and I got free shipping (I didn't care how long it took to get to me.) And it arrived today.

I took it out, put in four AAA and stepped on. I was nervous as I am currently feeling a little snug in my fat pants plus I haven't weighed myself in forever. But it wasn't too bad at 277.2. Plus now I can take cool pictures like this to post on here.

Today I did wake up and my cold was back. Sore throat, runny nose, and my head was kind of foggy. It was kind of my fault since I should have gone to bed early last night. However I think Hunger Games was worth it. No exercise today because I want to get right to bed to fight this cold. But tomorrow I will. Especially since I know that since all of my symptoms are above the neck the experts say exercise if fine. One more week till I start my new Firm Express video's. But for now I am off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment