About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, March 22, 2012

Poor Service

Today I was determined to good with my food. I even tracked my food through my Lose It app which I have not done in forever. Breakfast went well, lunch was great, no afternoon snacking, and dinner was high in calories but still within my calories. Then I came home from my writing group and ate not just a klondike bar but a stack of club crackers and garlic and herb cheese spread. This put me over calories. Technically my calories are set to loose two pounds a week so I am still under a maintain calorie goal. But still I went over.

I pulled out my LTT - my Lateral Thigh Trainer. It is a lot like a step machine but more side to side motions then just up and down. I was hoping to do twenty minutes but only made it through ten. I remember the first time I tried it when I bought it a few months back I could only do two minutes on it. So ten minutes isn't too bad. Adding in the exercise calories, or rather subtracting still left me over but not as far over. Stair stepping burns a lot of calories.

Tomorrow is a new day and I will again try to stay within my calorie goal. Tomorrow is also a firm workout video day so I will need to work that in. For the next four days I am dog sitting which involves me driving across town three times a day. Not a bad job but will eat up some of my time.

I did manage to read one of two chapters I need to read for my EED class. I need to continue with that tomorrow and turn in a minimum of one assignment before I sleep.

***

I want your opinion. I bought on March 11th the new Firm Express workout system. The DVD's are $90 but because I am a member (as part of a 30 day free trial) I only paid $80. Shipping and handling was $15. So I am paying $95 for these video's. Yes I know, expensive. I ordered on the eleventh and it is now the twenty-first. I was watching the Fed-Ex tracking and I thought it was supposed to arrive today but really it was Fed-Ex'ed to a phoenix USPS location and then will be mailed to me from there. I think it was Sunday night that I stopped at a Target store and I could have bought the same DVD set for $90, no shipping. ....ok i just realized that really I am only paying $5 more for the DVD's and I get to split my payment over three months and I have the 30 day money back guarantee. So really it is stupid for me being so upset. Ok, it is still frustrating because clearly the shipping is not work $15. Today I shipped a package to my sisters in IA; it was a larger and heavier box and it only cost $9 for 3 day delivery. I am curious how expensive 12 day or whenever you get around to it delivery costs. I didn't seem to have that option when i was buying postage. I can say that I do not plan on buying anymore products from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment