About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Little of this, little of that

It is late, I am tired, and I have no voice. Well It comes and goes depending on much I have talked recently. I have talked too much at my writing group and now I am even coughing to go with the lack of voice. It is hotter inside my house then it is out but without screens for the doors I am not "allowed" to open the door or windows. So I sit and sweat till my body adjusts. It is eleven pm and yet I have just stuck in Hugo, a two hour movie to watch. I noticed today that the mess of my house has spread to my work area, which is really just embarrassing. I feel like I am playing that wii fit game where you are balancing on a ball while juggling balls and they just keep throwing you more and more balls. And even if you drop them they just start throwing them at you again.

I volunteer at my church and I said yes to a slightly bigger job but it has become much more complicated then it needs to be. But I persevere and make it through the craziness because the job still needs to be done and I still feel like it is what I should do.

I go to the grocery store and in an attempt to add more fruit and vegetables to my daily life I buy 7 apples, 5 bananas, and 5 cucumbers. I have also managed to leave the store with no treats. This is actually not very odd for me. My subconscious knows that I do not need these treats and so as I walk up and down aisles I may pass cookies, candies, and ice cream but I do not place them in my cart. I am always amazed when this happens though it should just confirm what I know to be true that truely, deep down i do want to eat healthy. It is nearly my emotions and weakness in the moment that gets the best of me. Though I guess I should say the worst in me.

It is Wednesday. I have not exercised yet this week, though I think about doing so right now. And will I be good and eat all of the apples, bananas, and cucumbers I just bought? Only time will tell.

I received good new that I can get financial aid for my summer semester. As long as I jump through a few hoops for them, not all of which make sense but whatever makes them happy. This means that the money I had saved for summer school means I can go see my sister for the first week of July. I am very excited about this as three days at the beginning of June will not be enough time. With the hoops I must jump through it does mean that I will have at least two weeks after the Spring session and before the Summer session. Which is good since I really want a break. School kind of sucks. Though it is a little better when you are learning things you actually enjoy.

I will not list plans for Thursday and Friday as they are both up in the air. What I hope for and what is to be I know may not be the same. Though I suppose my number one goal is to get my voice back. That would be handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment