About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Unexpected Changes

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and the light sore throat I had was much worse. Knowing dogs were waiting on me to let them out I got up got dressed and got ready to not be home all day. I made it to the apartment the dogs are at and still did not feel well. I took them for a walk, went inside sat down and didn't want to move. Now I would never say I was a morning person but this felt worse. I eventually got up and drove to the Starbucks even though I just wanted to go home. I thought maybe a frappacino with lots of caffeine would wake me up. But the idea of drinking anything especially cold sounded painful. I drove home.

At home I slept for 2 1/2 hours and when I woke up felt just as bad. I hate calling out to work especially on busy Friday's but I saw no choice. I called out and went back to sleep for five hours.

I had eaten the donut from the night before early that morning and was feeling a little hungry again. Soup sounded good but I didn't have any so I had a can of beefaroni instead. I went to let the dogs out again. I stayed and read a book for a little while after I walked them so they would have company but mostly just sat in a chair not moving. I got home at 5:30 and slept through till 9:30 when I had to go let the dogs out again.

As I write this I am in the apartment watching the two dogs chase around the cat. Their owner says it play but when one dog comes back with a chunk of the cats fur in his mouth I don't believe it. I have to be back at 6am and I am thinking of just crashing in her bed instead of driving home said hours. But I am hungry and my stomach will probably win this battle.

This is how the next two days will go:
6am walk dogs
9 - 2 babysit kids
2 - 4:30 let dogs out and do homework
5 - 1am babysit same kids from morning
1 am or when done let dogs out
Go home to sleep

6am let dogs out (I may push this)
8 - 12:30 church
12:30 - 1 dogs (last time)
2 - 4 writing group
7 - 9 hunger games with writing group friends
Then go home and crash

Two problems with this:
1. I have two homework assignments due sat night don't know how I will finish them.
2. Being sick during all of this just sucks. :(

Update: I did stay there. An extra hour of sleep and saving gas won over. Iso I slept 18 of the last 24 hours. Feeling a little better. Can't call out today though.

No comments:

Post a Comment