About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, March 23, 2012

Donuts

Donuts and ice cream are my nemesis. I love ice cream, I think I would choose it over internet. But sometimes donuts just hit the spot. I was so proud of myself earlier. I had gotten a free rental at a Blockbuster rental kiosk and my closest one was in my local QT gas station. I went in and found a movie. As I was walking out I could see they still had donuts! At 6pm! See QT donuts are my favorite and after 3pm the donuts are forty-nine cents. But I took a breath, knowing I was already over my calories for the day, and walked out. I was so proud! Was being the operative word.

I went home and watched my movie (Real Steal, it was good. Lots of action, little bit romance, cute kid, kind of long but overall glad I picked it.) Then I had to go out because I am dog sitting for a friend this week. I went over to her place to let her two little dogs out and hung out for about an hour so that the dogs were spending time with someone. Then on my home I stopped by the QT across from her apartments to drop off the movie. I returned my movie and then again my head turned toward the donut area. They had just stocked. That means they fresh warm donuts, makes them even better. I bought three. As you saw in the picture only one made it home with me. Now I am way over my calories. :(

I recognize that I made a pour choice. I could bought one. I could have bought none but instead I went three. I need to try harder because really it wasn't much of a fight. I just decided I wanted them and then I got them. Which does concern me a little. People always say that there was some turning point that made them change but if I don't even try to stop myself from buying 3000 calories worth of food on a whim, am I really ready? I am going to have to chew on that for a little while.


On another note, it came. My Firm Express came by mail today. So I ordered on the Sun the 11th, received e-mail that it was shipped on Tuesday the 13th and received it on the 22nd, 9 days later. Clearly I am still upset about paying $15 for shipping. Though it is silly since i do not plan on starting those video's for another week, the first week of April. It will be my spring break week so I will have more time and maybe double up on video's the first week to kick start myself. Plus I will be going through my boxes that week so I should hopefully be able to make more space in my living room for moving around.

No comments:

Post a Comment