About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Not a Well Oiled Machine

My stomach hurts. It started to hurt after the pot luck at church last night . It hurt all night long. I figure maybe it is from eating bad foods. (I have not been eating healthy at all lately.) So this morning I had a large apple for breakfast at 8 am and then around 11 am I had a granola bar. Since I ate the granola bar my stomach has been hurting again. It's not like a hungry hurting it's like a 'I'm upset with you pain.' There were only trace amounts of dairy in the granola bar so it shouldn't be my lactose intolerance creating the problem. So all I really know is that I don't like it.

I want to just (and am currently) curled up in a ball on my bed trying to move as little as possible. I should probably go find something to eat with some fiber and then exercise. I need to get my system moving to get whatever my body doesn't like out.

I also want to be honest that I have not been exercising or eating healthy or tracking my calories like I should. This may be why I am in this position right now. I mean for all of January I ate vegan and totally healthy. I was eating my fruits and vegetables every day like I should. Then last month I eat greasy foods and dairy, so much (delicious) dairy. Of course my body is revolting. It wants the good healthy food back. As good as ice cream tastes this pain in my stomach is not worth it. Bleh!

I think I will take a short nap and then get up and find some exercise to do.

Before I do I will update you on a couple things. First, I did apply to be a priorfatgirl and blog through their site. It is a long process of nominations and reader voting so I won't know for awhile but will keep you updated. Second, my little birthday stay-cation is not working out. Between spring training and spring breaks all of the hotels are booked. I can't get a single good deal on a hotel. I am going to talk to my friend tonight about it. I think we need to move dates or cancel it. So far it has been more frustration then good. Third, I am having sleeping issues. As you know I take melatonin to help me sleep. Well lately I have been sleeping twelve hours which means I am waking up late for work. I tried not taking the melatonin but then it takes forever to fall asleep. I am already on a pretty small dose but I am going to cut it in half and see if that helps. Though of course when I eat healthy and exercise this sleeping issue disappears.


No comments:

Post a Comment