About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, March 8, 2012

Is it still today?

I am tired. It has been a long day. If I think of it in hours worked then it doesn't seem as long as if I think about the list of things I did. I woke up early to try to fix my gate. It is my second attempt at fixing a gate and it again did not work out. I ran out of time and had to go to work. After a quick shower and a bowl of rice chex I was out the door. I thought I would be late but arrived on time somehow. Work was good, my hour and a half doing lunch duty. I spent my hour and a half break working on my EED class assignment. I had grabbed a microwavable chef boyardee and a fruit cup on my way out the door this morning. They made for a decent lunch except I tasted the beef-a-roni on my breath all afternoon. Next time I need to make sure I have some gum afterwards. Then it was time to go back to work. Today was wacky wednesday. We call it that because we have so many kids on wednesdays. It was additionally wacky due to it being the first wed of a new session of enrichment classes which means more work for me. After everything settled down I had to go to our other campus and watch junior high kids because a co-worker had called out. I had one kid and worked on my Eng final project for that hour and a half.

Then it was off to babysitting. I got out of work a little early so I stopped by a Chick-fil-a. There was a school eating their to raise money (you know how restaurants do that sometimes, a portion of the profits go toward a cause for receipts turned in during certain hours.) So the restaurant was very busy. But I found myself a both out of the way and watched the kids run around like crazy. I got their 12 piece nugget meal with fries and cookies and cream shake. It was way too much food. I should have made a better choice. Then it was off to babysit. The girl I was watching is really easy and goes to bed by eight. So she finished dinner, we played Rummikub a few times then she had some dessert. We played one more game and it was time for bed. With her in bed it meant it was time for me to do more homework. I spent another hour and a half finishing my eng final project and turned that in. Woohoo! No more english! Then another hour and half working on my eed assignment. I think I still have at least another hour writing up the essay I need to turn in but I have all the base work done. I did waste a bit of time playing on facebook throughout as well. Then it was time to come home. And here I am updating you on my crazy day. I did end the day with a klondike bar with some cool whip. So I don't know how food was today. Not too bad. I was getting hungry after five hours of babysitting so the klondike bar was reasonable.

Tomorrow is another day. A little less planned so that is good. Though I really want to figure out this fence thing. It is driving me insane right now. Oh and I need to wash my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment